Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Script for the imaginary play "Doctor's Office"

Play written by: Jeffrey

Characters/played by:
Doctor Jeffrey-Jeffrey
Nurse Jeffrey-Jeffrey
Patients- Me and Sammy

Act One:
Sammy and I pull up to the doctor's office building and park in the parking garage. Next we take the pantry elevator to the second floor. Sammy insists on pushing the buttons. I make the "ding" sound when we reach our destination. We step out of the pantry and climb the stairs to Doctor Jeffrey's office.

Nurse Jeffrey: Please take a seat in the waiting room
a minute later...
Nurse Jeffrey: Sammy! Sammy doesn't want to go so I volunteer
Nurse Jeffrey: Do you have your cards?

I pull out our insurance cards and hand them to the nurse. Nurse Jeffrey takes the cards to what the kids call "Spencer's room" (because John's brother Spencer slept there for a month last summer). He begins to type on the end table while looking at the cards.
Nurse Jeffrey: OK, everything looks good. Come to the room.
I go into the boy's room and sit on the bed.
Nurse Jeffrey: How are you feeling? I heard Sammy coughing, he'll need some medicine and five shots. I'll do your blood pressure last.
Me: What is your name?
Nurse Jeffrey: I'm nurse Jeffrey and I'm a boy, the doctor is Dr. Jeffrey and he's a boy. OK, I'll go get the doctor.

The nurse leaves closing the door behind him. Two minutes later Dr. Jeffrey comes in. He is dressed in scrubs and has a stethoscope and the charger to John's electric shaver draped around his neck.

Dr. Jeffrey: I'm Dr. Jeffrey. Sammy is sick so the nurse will give him five shots later. First I'll listen to your heart.
He puts the stethoscope in his ears and listens to my heart.
Dr. Jeffrey: (Very seriously) sounds good now I'll listen to your breathing. Good breathing. Now I'll look in your ears, both ears look good. Now I'll listen to your blood.

Jeffrey puts one end of the electric shaver charger in his ear and the other end on my thigh to listen to my blood.

Dr. Jeffrey: OK, the nurse will come back now. Will you get Sammy? He needs his shots.

The doctor leaves and the nurse comes back. I grab Sammy but he's not into this pretending to get shot stuff so that's out. The nurse takes my blood pressure. Then Sammy and I leave-we don't even have to pay a co-pay!

The End!

3 comments:

Lyons Family said...

LOVE IT!!!! you will be so glad you recorded all that! thanks for sharing!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Haha I love hearing how creative kids are. And how much they pick up from the things we do. I don't give kids enough credit, they really do understand what's going on. That is so funny. You must have good blood flow in your thighs. haha

Mauzy Fam said...

Wow, so creative! Do your kids go to the doctor a lot?? They seem to have it down!