Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scottsdale


For Christmas, John gave me a treasure chest full of little envelopes. One said take a class of your choosing, another was for a massage, another was for a night of shopping. One was for a trip to get out of the cold. It hasn't been too cold this year, but that doesn't mean we couldn't still take a trip. I decided on Scottsdale, AZ since I found a good deal on a resort there. The rate was good and they gave us $100 food credit per day. So we left the kids behind and enjoyed the sun for two days. First thing that I loved seeing was green grass, I didn't realize how much I'd missed green plants! I also loved wearing my sandals and the desert landscapes. John got to golf of course-that's what Scottsdale is all about. If you want to learn more about his experience there you can visit his golf blog. Unfortunately the only picture I took was of him golfing. I got to drive the golf cart and read a book. The next day we went to a preserve one hour from Phoenix to bird watch and hike. In the afternoon we checked out some beach cruiser bikes the resort offered and rode around the man made lakes in the area. It was a fun trip and so nice to get away for a bit.
--------------------------------------------------------
Random Photos:
I forgot to post these months ago, so for documentation sake here they are.
This is Jeffrey before his preschool's Christmas concert. They sang Little Drummer Boy, hence the drum.

This is Jeffrey and his friends Paige and Andrew on a preschool field trip to the Littleton Museum.

Another of Jeffrey trying out John's guitar. He's shown interest in musical instruments. I recently started taking violin lessons-because of John's Christmas gift-and he is very interested in the violin. He watched my starter DVD one day and then was so excited to point out the parts of the violin and could name the correct notes of the four stings.

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

That's great that you two had a nice little vacation free from kids and with lots of sunshine! I was going to suggest that maybe you should have taken some golf lessons, but violin is great! I wish I was there to play a duet with you! I really need a reason to dust off the strings.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Aaahh...green grass. I felt a little pang of homesickness. I am going to visit this week for spring break. Wish we could have timed it better and had lunch!