Monday, February 9, 2009

Jeffrey's 5th Birthday

I'm a little late at posting but here's a few photos from Jeffrey's birthday party. Jeffrey has been talking about his birthday party for about a year so this was bigger than Christmas for him. He helped me plan the cake flavor, decorations, and he made up the "schedule" for the party. (A little type A personality I think). Most of my pictures came out blurry so you can't really tell that we had 12 kids in the house. John forgot he had a class that day and so missed the festivities, but my neighbor's daughter was able to help out. We played a pin the medal on the Power Ranger game, throw candy into a box, and a fishing for candy game. Jeffrey was pretty funny opening his presents-it was like a feeding frenzy. I tried to get him to slow down and thank his friends, and he did thank them but didn't slow down.




On another note, I have to announce that Sammy is now officially potty trained!! He was SOOOOOO much easier than Jeffrey-really it was night and day. He got into this "I want to do everything myself stage" so I thought, well you can go potty by yourself then. He's still in that "fun" stage. I admit I'm not very patient when I have to wait for him to try things out on his own. Shopping with him these days is a nightmare-but I just keep in mind that it will all pass...someday.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Isn't it fun watching your kids reach these milestones? That's so cute about him planning his party. Sammy sounds a lot like Sadie--easy to potty-train, but HARD to shop with! Sometimes I think she must be the stubbornest toddler I know, and it makes me feel a little better to know there are others out there probably thinking the same about their kid! By the way, congrats on boy #3!