Tuesday, October 30, 2007

18 month Blues

My little boy (Sammy) has turned the ripe old age of 18 months. And oh my goodness has he changed! He'll still snuggle with me and its fun to hear him repeat words I say. But then there's the other side. To put it positively he has become very interested in everything around him. He must touch it, taste it and stick it in the toilet. I still love him, I just get frustrated with his explorations. And Jeffrey is happy to help. He's also learned to say "No"-granted I probably say that word more than any other-but he doesn't just say no, he pronounces it and prolongs it like a high whined NOOOOOO. he does go to nursery-hooray!! I swear 18 months is the hardest age for me. Hence, i am not planning on having another child at the moment.

Today I lost my keys. I got up early to go work out (yes, I'm buff now) so I had them between 6am and 7am. By 10:15am I was in a panic cause I had to go to the Music Makers class I started and am in charge of. But no keys. My neighbor graciously gave us a ride. After Music Makers I proceeded to comb the house in a calmer manner than previously and found them sitting right inside the sub woofer speaker we have sitting next to our TV. Can you guess who hid them?-yes my sweet Sammy. He's hidden other objects in the past and I have found them in odd places.

Speaking of which...I've misplaced my camera and tomorrow is Halloween. A parents worst nightmare-no camera to take pictures of their little ones in cute costumes. So here is my theory with the camera 1. Sammy hid it or 2. the carpet installers stole it. (cause it can't be ME who lost the camera, it must be someone else). Oh, and if didn't guess we have all new floors in our house-the whole house excluding the unfinished basement. I LOVE IT!!! No more nasty crusty grey carpet under my table. We now have cherry laminate wood on most of the main floor and carpet everywhere else. Plus new tile in the upstairs bathrooms.

Anyways, please don't think I hate my kids. I'm just venting a bit. I know my life is peaches and cream compared to millions of other moms around the world. Sometimes I think "how does Heavenly Father do it". Cause I can't keep my patience with just two kids!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Oh my what a crazy couple of days. When you find your camera be sure to post pictures of your new floors (I love that kind of stuff) and of course those two adorable boys in their costumes!