Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Turkey-less Thanksgiving



We decided to NOT have turkey this year. John and I both don't like turkey. My brother Mark gave us the great idea to have prime rib instead. So we did it! We broke tradition and had prime rib and ham and all the other sides. My sister in law even made stuffing, she insisted we had to at least have stuffing. I got my camera out and took photos before the crowds arrived and then forgot all about my camera while they were here. But I promise we had 10 adults and 9 children in our house; the Bria family, Ridge family, Duris family, and Christenson family. We had tons of yummy food and fun was had by all. The evening was topped off by the Twilight movie for the women, Wii playing by the kids, and football watching by the men.

5 comments:

Frozen Cacti said...

You and John are now my favorite people...Prime Rib...need I say more?

Rachel H. said...

love the apple/candle centerpieces!

Agent Tal said...

Scrap...way to go with the prime rib! Also, I loved your decor! The year we had it at our house it didn't even occur to me to decorate! But, we are hosting a Christmas dinner, so maybe I can redeem myself! Also...I'm dying to hear what you thought of Twilight!

Dizzy Kate said...

The table looks gorgeous. What a fun Thanksgiving day! Brian and I do not like turkey much either. I love the sides, but not the turkey. I'm happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

I love the prime rib! We aren't fans of turkey either, but we are usually more boring than you and do a ham. For Christmas my family always does tri-tip...YUM!