Sunday, June 29, 2008

Portland/Vancouver

This weekend I took a short trip by myself to Portland and Vancouver to be present at my cousin Afton's wedding. Wow! Portland is gorgeous-so green! I just love greeness. I spent time with my mom, Aunt Kathy, Macki and her husband Rusty. Rusty served his mission in Eugene and LOVES Oregon so he was our tour guide. In a few short hours we went to see some waterfalls, went to the Portland Saturday Market downtown, and visited a rose garden. My brother Brent and his wife Nicole met us at the market for lunch and then we saw them later that evening for the wedding. The wedding was a happy, fun occasion-Kathy, Macki, and I cut some serious rug at the reception-the good ol' electric slide.

The Multnomah Falls- about 600 feet of falling water, 30 miles up the Columbia River from Portland. Pictured from left is Aunt Kathy, my cousin Macki, mom, and me.


My Mum and Me


My brother Brent, his wife Nicole and myself chilling at the wedding reception. Nicole is eating and Brent just looks like that permanently. (Sorry guys, the other photo we took was blurry, this ones funnier anyways).

Mom and Aunt Kathy-almost twins

2 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Looks like a fun get-a-way. I always like seeing family. Glad it was fun.

Janell said...

I took a quiz once that told me Portland was my ideal place to live. Guess I'll have to check it out! It looks like you had a fun trip. Your Aunt Kathy looks a lot like Lindsay to me!