Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We Are the Champions, My Friend!

I'm sore, tired, a bit bruised, but it was worth it!! My South Suburban basketball team won the women's basketball tournament last night. We played two games-thankfully we were seeded first going in so the games weren't back to back. We started out the first game with only 4 of us, down 0-9, 5 mins into the game, then two more players showed up and we ended up winning by 15. The second game we won by 20. The season began with a loss, then a win by 3 points, then a win by 5, by the end of the season we were winning by 15-20 points. Last night I made 3, 3-pointers which is NOT my thing at all-so I gave myself a pat on the back. I should also mention that we were probably the oldest team, with the most children.

10 comments:

Dizzy Kate said...

That is great! Congratulations! I do not know how to play basketball worth a darn.

Janell said...

Congratulations Steph! Good for you for staying involved in sports and keeping in shape. (I could be doing better in that area!)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congrats! I'm glad to see that you are still living up to your nickname!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Congrats! I'm glad to see that you are still living up to your nickname!

Rachel H. said...

That sounds like so much fun. The most exercise I've had lately was our stake volleyball. Our ward went undefeated, yeah! We even beat the young single adult girls. We felt pretty special. But I am seriously considering training for a marathon in Vegas in December. Ive been reading about training programs, but have yet to do anything about it because my children have become rotten sleepers in the last month and the thought of expending energy to run seems ridiculous right now. Okay, that was more tangential than I intended. Hooray for you- I miss playing basketball alot.

andrea said...

Major props to the old ladies! OK, not that you guys are really old, but sometimes experience pays off in the end, right?

Good for you guys. You rock!

Mauzy Fam said...

Cool! That's awesome that you still play. I get around to Volleyball every now and again, but I wish I played so much more!

David and Nikki said...

Stephanie Nelson....
Oh my, you look the same as when you where in HS...seriously! Must be nice...you haven't aged at all! It was nice to read up on your family blog...your family is adorable!
Nikki

Tia said...

Steph I loved this post, there must be something about moms going out there and kicking some butt I love it!!

Nicki said...

Way to represent Scrap! It's nice to know you're still going strong! Love ya!