Thursday, February 14, 2008

Roots Discovered

I always get asked who my boys look like, because they certainly don't look like me or John. Jeffrey has all dark features while John and I have blue eyes and lighter hair. Sammy has the right coloring, but still doesn't look like us. On a recent trip to Pennsylvania to visit John's family we found a picture of John's great great uncle and great grandpa, James Long and John Harris Long. Do these two look familiar?


Sammy also looks like John's dad, except the mouth. Here's a picture of Allan Kjelstrom at 19 months.

7 comments:

Lyons Family said...

such great pictures - fun to see - and yes - they definitely are the ancestors of your boys!

Angela said...

What cool pictures! I can definately see the resemblance. How neat that you have them. I love old pictures!

Dizzy Kate said...

That is fun that you were able to trace your roots back. Rachel Howard found me on your blog. I'm so excited to reconnect with some of my Tucson friends. Those were some really fun days.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

So fun to see those old pictures and how much they look like your boys. Neato!

Scott & Tami said...

Your boys totally look like those kids in the photos...ya, I'm totally going to have to have a post like that cuz Jake looks like his grandpa and even more like his great grandpa. I've been meaning to tell you I LOVE Luvs...you got me hooked.

Candice said...

Kinda of spooky. Are you sure you don't believe in reincarnation!

Tia said...

Oh Steph Im glad you found me - now I get to see what you and your family is up to! I love that we are all reconnecting!!