Sunday, February 24, 2008

Another Decade Gone

I'm 30 now-that's right, 30. That means I can command more respect. I'm feeling a little arrogant about being old-like I want to tell some young person-"how old are you?... yea well I'm 30 so listen up". I think I'll try that one on Jeffrey. I don't think I really act my age-or look it (except for my graying hair that I dye-oh and the eye doc told me I should wear reading glasses, plus the other day I noticed I have smile wrinkles around my eyes-great!). John surprised me with an I-Pod Nano-so now I really don't act my age cause I rock out around the house while I'm doing dishes, folding laundry. So on my birthday(I say "so" a lot-so what?), John made my favorite breakfast, french toast with strawberries and powdered sugar. Then he took the boys downtown for the Denver Home and Garden show and I went shopping. Then treated myself to Rubio's. Sat. night we had to go to stake conference so no parties. Sunday my sister in law and her hubby came over for dinner and cake. And I got the usual phone calls from the fam-so all and all a good time.

8 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Hope you had a great day!!! Happy Birthday!
ericka

Rachel H. said...

Well, now I feel better that I'm not the only one who is 30 and has graying hair. They are coming on with increasing frequency and I fear if I just keep plucking them I'll end up with a bald spot. Congrats on making it another decade! Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over___ (you fill in the blank)!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Welcome to the over 30 club! It's crazy how fast the years go flying by.

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Steph. Only one more year for me! Crazy thing, weren't we just in High School? Yikes. Sounds like you had a fun day.

Janell said...

Happy Birthday Steph, and welcome to the 30s! :) Every time another friend turns 30 I feel a little less lonely. If I didn't know, I would never guess you were 30--you look quite a bit younger. Your cake looks like a big chocolate mountain--yum!

Scott & Tami said...

Happy Birthday girlie!!! You play ball like you're in high school again. Dude, I totally have smile wrinkles on my cheeks...I'm so aging...someone once told me when you hit 27 your age starts showing...yea, that's when I started getting dark under my eyes...that's when it all started for me.

Amber said...

30 is awesome! Happy day to you.Still LOVE your hair!!!

megan said...

Happy Happy Birthday Stephie dear...okay so I'm waaayyy late...but thought I'd say it anyway...and that your hair is really cute :)