Saturday, January 5, 2008

White Christmas Memories

Christmas this year was so so fun. The weekend before Christmas, we took my parents to see the White Christmas musical downtown then ate at a cute little Italian cafe. Christmas Eve day we all went to The North Pole-which is actually in Colorado Springs. It has kiddy amusement rides and the most real Santa Claus I've ever seen. Jeffrey was excited beyond limits to see Santa, but as soon as we got into the cottage, Jeffrey didn't even make eye contact with him and so didn't sit on his lap. But we had fun riding the rides. Jeffrey tried out the Tilt-a-Whirl which is probably the fastest ride he's ever been on-but loved every second. That night Patrick and Katrina came over and we had appetizers and a special Christmas Eve family home evening by Grandma and Grandpa, complete with "Don't Eat Pete" and a Christmas lesson fit for a 3 year old.
Then the perfect Christmas for my parents who've never been out of Yuma for the holiday, it snowed! And it was my first white Christmas too. Mom and Dad took a walk around the neighborhood after the presents were all opened just to be in the snow.
And as a side note, Jeffrey was more enthusiastic this year than he's ever been about Christmas. Christmas morning he asked John "Is Santa still in our house", and when John answered "no", Jeffrey said "oh, good!". He knew if Santa was in the house he couldn't come down stairs to open presents. Then he jumped around and waved his arms shouting "Its Christmas!".


The North Pole-Jeffrey driving!



Dave and Betty-Grandma and Pappy-Mom and Dad





Don't Eat Pete-I think I won.


We played a throw the ball in a box game.




Jeffrey's gift from Santa-he played with this for 10 hours straight on Christmas day!


Sammy opening his favorite present-a new blanket! (So I can wash his blanket once in a while)
He was playing with the camera but as soon as John opened the bag and Sammy saw the blanket he gave out a little scream and started to suck his fingers.







5 comments:

Candice said...

I'm glad you got your Christmas wish, a white Christmas yeah!

Janell said...

What a fun Christmas! I bet your parents were thrilled with the white Christmas, but even more with being with their grandsons for the holiday (oh, and you and John too of course). :)

Amber said...

Looks like a great/freezing Christmas. Blankets are funny...all 4 of my kids are obsessed with them. I am glad they have something, but we have 2-4 of some of theirs, for washing, mis-placing purposes.
Happy New Year!

Dizzy Kate said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! Your boys are so cute. It is so much fun watching kids on Christmas morning. BTW your hair looks adorable in all your pictures.

megan said...

Ha!!! I thought I had commented when I visited last time after you emailed!! woops! I was going to comment on the hair chop! Way to go...I chopped mine too and I love it! I've found that makeup and a round brush help me avoid the "manly" feel to it :)!!!