Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Cut




Today I got a hair cut, a really short hair cut. Change doesn't come easy for me so right now I'm having some regret. I feel too masculine, like I need to be wearing high heels, a shirt with lace and flowers and fur and say things like "Oh my gosh, that is so cute!", to counter my hair cut. I think I'll go buy some girly barrettes tomorrow. John is out of town till Friday at midnight and I don't think he remembers that I was planning on the chop. I think the pictures I took of myself, in my yellowish bathroom make me look worse, but you get the idea. Okay, I'm feeling a little queasy now about this whole thing AND posting it on my blog. It'll grow out right! or I may end up liking it short, only time will tell.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I think you look great! It is a very cute cut. Add some sparkly gel and you'll be set with your new girly barrettes :) Miss seeing you...and I need your address!

Amber said...

ok, I really wouldn't say it unless I thought it...I like it, a lot! I am a HUGE fan of short hair. I cut mine once close to that length and Eric said, "i liked it better longer." Which really means, I don't like it. So, I haven ever attempted it again. There is a small part of me that envies those who do it. CUTE! and so fun to have short hair and get to try little styles and do them so quickly.
Love it.

Candice said...

Don't fret it's a very chic haircut and self portraits don't do it justice. I always feel a little quesy after I chop my hair, but then I feel great when it only takes me 2 minutes to fix it in the morning and I feel more put together all day. Have fun with it!
Candi

Dizzy Kate said...

I love it! I love your face in the picture too. Hopefully it will grow on you. I think it looks great.

Janell said...

I agree with what Candi said. I think it's cute and you have the right face shape to pull off the short look. Be sure to post some pictures with the clips and with more of your body showing so we can get it in context! :)
I do know the queasy post-haircut feeling--give it a week or so and I bet you'll love it.

Steph Kjelstrom said...

thanks for the encouragement, I did get some barrettes and am feeling much better about the cut now. I'll have John take a better picture when he's home.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I love the cut! Everyone needs a change once in a while. I am totally having hair issues right now and will probably have to chop mine really short soon. I lost so much hair when Lucy was about 4 months, so now I have this really short layer of new growth that would look better in short layers.