Sunday, December 9, 2007

Deck the Halls....

I just needed to post something new cause I was tired of looking at myself. And just as an update, I am feeling much better about my hair, John likes it, and I'm no longer nauseous. John was out of town most of last week and will be leaving again on Tuesday morning till Friday night. Uggghhh! The only good thing is, I get lots done at night when I'm all alone-like almost all my Christmas gifts are wrapped, our Christmas cards are almost ready (key word there is "almost"). This week I think I'll bake-I've decided to try some new holiday recipes such as fudge and toffee and maybe caramel. (I LOVE CARAMEL!!)

So more 18 month blues....Sammy hates shopping. Which is really bad at this time of year when I have tons of errands to make. We went to Walmart last week for paper and caulk-that's it. And he started throwing a fit because I didn't let him out of the cart when he wanted. It was actually a little funny because he was crying and hitting the side of the cart showing me how mad he was. So then all these old people and some younger folks were saying "Oh, what's wrong, its okay little guy". And I was thinking-what the heck??!! Don't take pity on him, he's in the middle of a tantrum! And serious, my selfish thought was they should be taking pity on me!
I was not amused.

My parents are coming this year for Christmas, the 21st-26th. We are excited to see them. They have never been anywhere but Yuma for Christmas. I really hope it snows for them. Then two weeks after they leave, the boys and I are going to Yuma to visit them-its my escape from winter trip. We just got a ton of snow this weekend-and I didn't complain!! I'm very proud of myself.

6 comments:

Janell said...

Your second paragraph (about the 18 month blues) could have been written by me. And Sadie is only 13 months old! I feel your pain--shopping is a nightmare with her! She just wants to be down, moving and exploring (getting into trouble). If only we lived closer, we could trade off with the babies and take turns running errands.

Glad to hear you are feeling good about the haircut. That would be so fun for your parents to have a white Christmas. I think some of our family will be sleeping at their house while they're gone. :o)

Janell said...

P.S. I also get annoyed when my kids are throwing tantrums in public and people draw attention to it and try to comfort them. Just ignore us and get out of our way, I want to tell them! (But of course I don't since I know they are well meaning.) :o)

Candice said...

Benjamin slapped my face in line the other day! He never does that, but the cart was just at the right level I guess. I was so embarassed, and I wanted to march him right out to the car, but I really needed the stuff in my cart. What do you do? It's a kunundrum (is that how you spell that??)

Steph Kjelstrom said...

sammy has learned to hit from Jeffrey, at least it doesn't hurt!

Amber said...

Oh the joys of parenting... I was in Costco one time and one of the them was acting like a punk and I grabbed his arm to say my say, and he said, loudly, that doesn't even hurt mom, thats all you got?!!!
Its these moments that make us crazy but leave us with some fantastic memories.
Merry Christmas!

Dizzy Kate said...

I'm so excited that you are coming to Yuma. I mean, I know I probably won't see you since you will be with family, but it is fun to think that you are coming back to Arizona.

I understand the whole tantrum thing in the store. It frustrates me when people have sympathy for the kid throwing the temper tantrum. Yesterday we were at Micheals and some lady let a dad with a kid throwing a tantrum go in front of the line. So, basically he was being awarded for being rotten. Hee! Hee!

Well, I am looking forward to my fudge in the mail. Just joking, but that sounds VERY YUMMY!
We hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.