Tuesday, October 16, 2007

World Series Baby!!!

Our Colorado Rockies just did what no team has done before in the history of baseball, swept both the division and league championship series. And yes, they did play the Arizona Diamondbacks whom I have been a fan of in the past (like 2001 when we lived in Tuscon and they beat the Yankees in the world series). But they are no longer the team I knew, with their new colors and players. So I have done what all Denverites must do eventually, and I am rooting for the home team. John went to the first game in the national league championship series while he was in Phoenix for business. He got a ticket at face value the day before the game. The playoff games here have been sold out for weeks and being sold for twice their value. People are a little crazy in Colorado about their sports teams, but it makes it all the more fun.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Steph you traitor! Once an Arizonian always an Arizonian besides didn't they get Randy Johnson back? Now that I've said all that the truth is I don't even watch baseball, but I still think you should be true to your home state :) -Candi

Steph Kjelstrom said...

If the d-backs had beat the Rockies I would have cheered for them in the world series. I'll always be an Arizonian-I'm still not used to the seasons here or shoveling snow and raking leaves!

Lyons Family said...

boo hoo on the rockies - oh well - it's not like anyone in Colorado last april really thought we'd be go to the world series this year - - we're not down and out yet . . . BTW - I tagged you! check out my blog for the details.