Monday, June 8, 2009

Trenton Allan Kjelstrom-June 6, 2009

Trenton has come, and early too-hurray!! He was born at 6:21am on June 6th weighing 5lbs, 10oz and 19in long. By far my smallest baby-he's a peanut. So far he has been so sweet and Jeffrey and Sammy are thrilled to have a new baby brother. OK, for documentation sake here is the labor story. I had some contractions Friday night around 9:30pm but they felt like braxton hicks so I didn't pay much attention. We went to bed and I slept fine until 1am when I woke up because of a contraction. This one radiated to my back so I knew it might be the real deal. I got up and they kept coming, 5 min apart. (I think labor and kids throwing up always happen in the middle of the night-why!?) At 2am we dropped the kids off at a neighbors house and headed downtown to St. Joseph's hospital. I was admitted easily. They had to give me fluids before I could get an epidural because I was dehydrated. But I did finally get the epidural. My nurse was watching the heart monitor very closely-and she didn't say anything but I knew something was bothering her because I could hear that Trenton's heart rate kept going down with each contraction. At one point the heart rate disappeared. So nurses and doctors ran into the room. They got a heart monitor on Trenton's head and the doctor was saying to notify anesthesia because we might have to do an emergency c-section. This was very frightening for John and I. But they got me on my side and Trenton's heart rate came back. About 30 minutes later I had some big contractions and his heart rate again dropped. The doctor checked me and I was at 10 cm. She said I had to get the baby out-and I did. I pushed him out in about 5 minutes. Good thing he was little! Turned out that the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice causing the drops in heart rate. We are so glad everything turned out fine and he's a healthy guy.

Ok, this is the funniest picture!! Welcome to the world Trenton!





9 comments:

Unknown said...

Pic 1 - Looks like he has John's smile!!

Mauzy Fam said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable. Not everyone can say they are a mom of 3 boys! So glad we can be that together. Hope he's letting you get enough sleep at night.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Love, love, love the pictures! Oh and congratulations!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Yay! Thanks for the pictures Congrats! And holy cow! That first picture... haha he was NOT happy.

sct_twt said...

Congratulations on your new baby boy. "Little" babies are the best! I'm an expert on that. Ask your mom. Glad everything turned out well. We are waiting on Chris and Cynthia's baby boy. She wants to have him yesterday. By the calendar she has 3 more weeks. We will see.

andrea said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like kind of a scary delivery. So glad it had a happy ending with an adorable little boy.

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad everything went well. Thinking about you. Loved the first shot :)

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

congrats again john and scrap! he is a cutie!

Janell said...

He's so perfect! What a beautiful boy. Congrats Steph and family!