Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July '08

John's 16 year old brother Spencer stayed with us for a month, he was my live-in babysitter-Oh, yea! It was nice! I missed him when he left. So anywho, John, Spence, and I went to the Rockies game July 3rd. This is the 3rd year we've done it, so John carefully selected our seats so that we would be in the sections that "had" to go down to the field for the post game fireworks show. It was fun-although the game was long, going extra innings. The field's grass was SOOOO nice-perfect.

July 4th we had an indoor BBQ-we need a new barbecue-here are Sammy, their new cousin Isabella, and Jeffrey waiting to be served.

At the Highlands Ranch fireworks show, waiting for it to start. Its a fatal mistake in our house to lie on the floor with the boys around. Sammy has no problem body slamming said person.

Baby Spencer



The fireworks show was a bit weird. They had a small finale, but then kept shooting off these small, dinky fireworks, about every 2 seconds. So we were all waiting in anticipation for the REAL finale, but no such thing appeared. It just ended...so yea, weird.

But before you think I'm ungrateful or have missed the point of 4th of July, let me just say that we in the Kjelstrom family feel blessed to live in this great nation, and for the freedoms we unknowingly take for granted. We salute all those who in the past or present have fought for our country, and especially those who have died doing so.

4 comments:

Dizzy Kate said...

Your hair looks so cute! I happy you had such a fun 4th of July even with the weird fireworks display. Thank you for sharing your feelings about our wonderful country.

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Hello Scrap! Somehow I found your blog and here I am reading it! Small world eh? Hope that's ok. : ) How are you doing? Check out my blog itsmemeganlee.blogspot.com You look like you are doing great!

Dizzy Kate said...

Guess who I ran into? Niki Grubbs! That is crazy! I haven't seen her since we lived in Tucson. It was so nice to see her. I ran into her at the Superstition Mall in Mesa. I wish I could have talked to her when things were not so busy. I had three kids and was VERY distracted more than usual, but it was still so nice to talk to her. It brought back the good 'ol Tucson days.

Candice said...

Hey it's been a while since I blogged, but I just wanted to say hi. It looks like you guys have been having a great time. What a fun trip to Costa Rica. Congrats on finishing your triathalon. You're awesome!