Friday, August 17, 2007

Pagosa Springs, CO Trip Aug 9-12, 2007


Here is Jeff at the Piedra River. He learned the joys of throwing rocks into the river. So the whole time we were there if there was water a rock had to be thrown.
We hiked to Piedra Falls (in the background). It was a short one mile hike perfect for the kids. John is sporting his new camping hat

This is everyone who came to Pagosa Springs. (We are missing half of my family) From left to right is my niece Danielle, my brother Brent, his wife Nicole, my Dad Dave, Jeffrey, my mom Betty, John, Steph, and a crying uphappy Sammy.


Playing in Grandpa's truck. We drove up to Purgatory Resort near Durango to ride the alpine slide but just as we got there it rained and they closed the slide.



Rafting on the Animas River in Durango. I'm in the front with John and my parents are sitting in the back. August is NOT the best time to raft. This was one of a few thrill rapids for the trip.





3 comments:

Lyons Family said...

way to go steph - like the new layout - - looks like you had a great weekend! see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!! Love to have the details so I can go do that next summer!! :)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

What great family fun in the great outdoors. Neither of us has been to CO before, but it sounds a lot like Flag and probably a place we would love.